Thursday, March 31, 2011

Art Nouveau Art + Architecture

I was so happy when apartment therapy posted a Quick History of Art Nouveau today. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/retrospect/quick-history-art-nouveau-142976

I'm a HUGE fan of the Art Nouveau movement. What's even cooler is that I'm going on a trip to Central Europe with my husband and two of our friends. Among the many Art Nouveau attractions, we'll hit the Mucha Museum in Prague, and architect, Josef Hoffman's buildings in Vienna.

I am drooling over this interior by Victor Horta in the Hotel Tassel in Brussels ...too bad Belgium is not on the itinerary! Caption: It's alliiivveee!!







2 comments :

  1. I love this era. I was just thinking the other day about what it would take to take a space in this direction as opposed to the MCM wave. MOre expensive and difficult for sure. Not minimal. But the custom paint/wall paper would rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be expensive for sure! I love how it is applied two and three dimensionally dimensionally, in every single detail and on every single surface. It's so whimsical...like living in a dream.

    ReplyDelete