Friday, December 3, 2010

Mid Century Marvels: A Vintage Christmas

I love the holidays. Ask anyone. My tree was up and house was decorated the day after thanksgiving. Of course, I would have decorated at the start of fall, but my sensible husband refuses to let me. I have been searching for the perfect mid century tree topper for 2 years now and I found it today!  A red aluminum sputnik starburst tree topper ( see #2). In my search, I came across the most darling mid century Christmas ornaments and decorations.

1. Vintage silver sputnik era tree topper with jeweled center. 2. Red Aluminum Sputnik Tree Topper - 8" (ebay). 4. Sputnik era tear drop ornaments. 5. Vintage Paper Mache Bells, covered in foil with frosted tops. (etsy) 6. Vintage Mid Century Tear Drop Indent Glass Ornament (etsy) 7. Vintage Mercury Glass candy cane ornaments (etsy). 8. Aqua blue tinsel garland reminiscent of the German vintage lametta tinsel. (etsy)  9. A set of vintage sputnik era, blue glass teardrop ornaments. Made in the USA by Paragon Glass Works. (etsy) 10. Vintage Christmas Pixie Ornament (etsy).

No comments:

Post a Comment