Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Thrifting

You can often find me perusing my favorite vintage stores around Portland. I love finding interesting and unusual pieces. Pieces with history. Pieces with strong bones and excellent craftsmanship..built to last. So, without further adieu, here are a few of this week's findings.

The first set of photos is from my all time favorite Portland vintage store...Lounge Lizard on 13th and Hawthorne. They have quality mid century modern pieces and their inventory is constantly changing. It's organized, too. Often vintage stores are filled to the max with stuff and it can be a little overwhelming. So, thank you for your neatness, Lounge Lizard. It is much appreciated.

Crazy huge orange chandelier. Wouldn't this look great in an all white room with high vaulted ceilings?

MCM appetizer tray with brass handle

Set of acrylic chairs and dining table with tulip base. I actually have one of these chairs in my studio. Reupholstered it and it looks fantastic. 

Chair in my studio

MCM ceramic pitcher with teak detailed lid


The second set of photos comes from a little store that Eric and I stumbled on the other day called Old Portland Hardware. Well, we thought it was little. Turns out it is actually 5,000 sqft of architectural salvage. REALLY fascinating stuff. I would definitely recommend checking this place out. Here's a few of the things we came across.

French Provincial Double Door from Egypt

Door detail

Pair of Corinthian Columns. Quick history lesson: Corinthian columns are the slenderest, most ornate of the 3 classical orders (Corinthian, Doric + Ionic). The capital is often carved with leaf like ornamentation and the shaft is often fluted.

One of these things is not like the other.

Old boiler lid from Portland, I think?

And, I leave you with...a stuffed hyena. I think it's name is Terrance. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment