Monday, November 15, 2010

The Sketchbook Project: Mystery Maps

I received my sketchbook yesterday and couldn't wait to get started. My theme? Mystery Maps.



theme: mystery maps
journal: black moleskin, size: 5.5 x 8.5
media: technical pens, copic markers (W5: Warm Gray, PM-170: Peach, G40: Dim Green)






So...what is a map? 


Well, by definition a map is " a representation, usually on a flat surface, as of the features of an area of the earth or a portion of the heavens, showing them in their respective forms, sizes, and relationships according to some convention of representation."


To me, a map is much more. A fingerprint, a computer circuit board, a family tree, a memory. It can be a physical tool to locate a place or time. It can be a journey to finding someone or something. Through my sketchbook, I plan to explore the possibilities.

What is a map to you?


1 comment :

  1. Very talented, looks like an excellent start to an impressive project

    ReplyDelete