Tuesday, November 9, 2010

REVAMPING A DANISH CHAIR: THE CHOSEN ONE

Before we begin, a word about Danish Furniture. I love Danish Furniture. I would fill my entire house with it if I could and, actually, am well on my way to doing so.  I love the Danes. I love them so much, I have a Great Dane. A Great Dane and a house filled with Danish furniture.

Moving on.


First of all, you'll have to forgive me. I got so excited about finally refinishing this chair that it was in pieces on the floor before I realized I didn't have a proper "before" picture. So, you'll have to settle for the one below. 
EXISTING CHAIR
FRAME
EXISTING UPHOLSTERY
I picked this baby up at Lounge Lizard for only 35 bucks. It's been pretty abused. My temporary solution was to cover it with a nice lamb skin throw, but the time has come to give it a new life. A prettier life. As you can see, someone dared to, not only paint the wood, but paint it a lovely solid brown covering up any indication that there's actually wood under there. The orange terry cloth upholstery looked great in it's prime, I'm sure, but is now in pretty shabby shape. But enough of the negative. This chair has already got low self esteem. It's got great lines and great potential. When I'm finished with it, this chair will be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment